Monday 7 April 2008

A warm welcome to all you readers and writers

A little about this blog Hi there! Is there anyone reading this who is neither a writer nor a reader? No, I thought not. So, would you like me to help you to become a happier writer with tips and anecdotes on how to achieve your goals? And would you like me to share with you my views of the books I read - to save you the trouble of reading something you thought was going to be good but which turns out to be disappointing. In short, I want this blog to be all about books, yours as well as mine. Just so I can convince you that I do know what I am talking about, I can tell you I have had six books published, numerous magazine stories and features. You can find out more about these if you go to www.sylviamurphy.com. I will tell you more about the here from time to time. On the reading side, I read on average two or three books a week (that has increased since I began to lose my health and need a short rest every afternoon - one of the nicer aspects of growing old) so I know quite a lot about the books on the current best-seller lists, which are worth a read and which are not. And I would be pleased to hear from you what you have thought about these books - you might then save me time struggling through books that don't live up to my expectations of them.

1 comment:

weaveroftales said...

Sylvia, You have had a very interesting life. I have traveled but I have only lived in Kentucky and Florida. I liked your poems and their foremat. I was going to add my name as a follower of your blog but I didn't see the button. I'll visit again. Ruth T.